General Tax Information
- Tax Statements are mailed the first day of November each year. If you do not receive your statement by mid-November, please contact our office immediately.
- Failure to receive a tax bill does not relieve one of their obligation to pay taxes when due, including applicable late fees.
- Multiple bills may be paid with one check. Please return statement(s) with payment.
- To avoid penalty and interest your payment must be postmarked no later than December 31st. Payments postmarked after December 31st will be returned unprocessed unless penalty and interest are included.
- Delinquent tax years must be paid before current taxes.
- Payments can be made in person, by mail, phone and online at this website. Payment may be made with cash (in person only), check/money order/cashier check/certified check, or credit/debit card with a convenience fee charge.
- Inspect your statements to verify that mailing address, vehicles and legal descriptions are correct, the Collector of Revenue has no authority to make any changes or additions to the tax statement without the County Assessor’s intervention.
- Assessments are made by the County Assessor. The collector must collect the taxes due as shown on the assessor’s records. We cannot make any changes to your tax bill. Please contact the Assessor’s office at the following number for any corrections or for more information regarding assessments or property descriptions. (573) 324-3261.
Our goal is to provide additional payment options to taxpayers and greater access to public information — 24 hours a day, 7 days a week — all without the inconvenience or expense of a trip to the courthouse.
We sincerely hope you find this site easy to navigate and that it provides a service to you. Thank you for visiting the site. We welcome suggestions for improvement. Please revisit and watch for new additions in the future.